Strengthening the performance of a professional team requires a clear understanding of each individual’s role in working toward organizational goals and a strong appreciation of behavioral differences. Through candid, responsive communication, your executive team can build commitment, promote trust, and foster respect for the diverse talents of each team member. When this happens, the team members can better work through conflict and resolve differences by more effectively managing relationships among the members.
- Clarify roles and expectations.
- Improve team performance by scrutinizing the team’s mission and critical team operations.
- Align the efforts of each team member to create a synergy that goes beyond the capacities that any one person could achieve alone.
- Provide a venue for candid, relevant feedback that gives each person the knowledge to leverage effective behaviors and to reduce ineffective ones.
- Channel efforts to improve team dynamics and get results.
- Establish each member’s personal stake in the team’s mission, purpose, and direction.
- Build feelings of success, momentum, and morale among members of the team.
- Increase productivity and reduce conflict when team members have clearly defined roles and areas of accountability.
- Allow senior leadership to focus on strategic issues not on team functions.
- Enhance team decision making effectiveness