“Linda determined the core objective for the project and helped the team work through myriad challenges and distractions. She was able to adapt to unexpected issues while making sure the team focused on the target and timeline. Linda has provided sound guidance when needed and has been a sounding board when the team was on a roll. She has helped us shape a clear vision for our future and has put us on the path to achieving it.”
CFO, Alpha Wire Company
As a leader, some of your major responsibilities include thinking through the mission of the business, setting objectives, developing strategies, and making today’s decisions for tomorrow’s results.
Henman Performance Group offers an ongoing process for an executive team or the Board of Directors to move beyond forecasting to developing strategies for success.
- Pinpoint the company’s competitive advantage relative to its top three competitors and identify the strategic objectives that will utilize this competitive advantage.
- Change position in the market place.
- Break down silos and create unprecedented productivity through improved relationships.
- Determine what each person needs to do to grow the company and assign areas of accountability for key strategic objectives.
- Position yourself to lead future markets and to leverage projects, key relationships, and competition.
- Identify or choose the driving forces of the company so leaders can make decisions about resource allocation, talent requirements, and acquisitions.
- Increase profits by defining the organization’s markets and financial objectives.
- Boost productivity by aligning strategies with people, processes, and systems.
- Position your company to pay higher dividends.
- Attract more investors.
- Increase your bonus pool.
- Allocate resources more effectively by clarifying the business you want to drive.
- Improve both your repute and position in the industry.
- Position yourself for future growth.
Use this model to determine what you need to do to improve your strategy.
The Competitive Advantage quadrant represents an organization that has established a strong strategy and the clear tactics to support it. By responding to customer needs, developing talent, implementing effective operations, and defining sound financial objectives, this organization has acknowledged what it must do to beat the competition and has identified ways to implement this strategy.